Saturday, August 21, 2021

A William Antes Rifle Nearing Completion

I am enormously indebted to Brad Emig of Cabin Creek Muzzleloading for his detailed and fine documentation of an original William Antes Rifle in a private collection. The accurate photographs and measurements and a wax casting of the thumb piece of this original rifle made it possible for Jud to create a bench copy of the original rifle for me which is my favorite of all my Jud built longrifles and a tack driver to boot! (See my blog entry from April 5th 2016 on this blog site)

Now Jud has endeavored to create another rifle based on that original.

The first group of photos were taken last June as the architecture was being completed, and the second group are of the rifle as finish is being applied. These most recent were taken on my trip to Tenderfoot Hill this past Friday.




























  

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting! I’m getting excited to see how this on finishes!!

    ReplyDelete