Saturday, August 21, 2021

A Pair of Traveler's Pistols for an old Friend

Jud has been working very hard to finish a pair of traveler's pistols for our old friend Ed. I have traveled down to Tenderfoot Hill twice in the past three weeks to follow the progress on these fine pistols. Every part is hand fabricated by Jud including the completely handmade locks, trigger assemblies, trigger guards, and the swiveled loading rods.

It has always been a shared joke among those in the know, that pistols should be much easier to make and much quicker to complete since they are smaller than a longrifle. Of course the very opposite is true since the maker must do all the same work in a much smaller space.

I hope to obtain more views of these fine pistols in the weeks to come.





















  

1 comment:

  1. Peter...do you know how I could get in touch with Mr. Brennan? I have a Damascus coffin that was handed down to me from my grandfather and it was supposedly made by Mr. Brennan. Just hoping I could send him some pictures and get any history he may have. Thanks

    ReplyDelete